Sunday, July 4, 2010

OedipElectric Company

my dad left for a year
this is no excuse
actually, more like a year and a half
my mom was sad
i swear i absorbed this

now i have issues, 34 years old
now I have excuses
but whatever, so do you
no more apolegies or guilt
so nothing left but now and later

"nobody owns another,
let's start there
cared about her..."

rap music, garageband
i wish i knew how i'm going to get
to southeast asia
i have to
there's so many plans

no attachment,
happy tea party holiday
explosions and lights
bursting

i'm numb, i don't know what
is going to come out next
conscientious, awareness
i cannot make you my world
i have to make my own
how many times do i have to tell myself that

about anyone
you're melting away
i couldn't reach you
a kiss on the cheek
i'll see you soon
you're a baby again
people are worried that you don't know me
do you know me?

that makes me sad
i can't do this anymore
at least not here, where i've made too many
memories, met too many faces
i have to leave again

i never want anyone to see me like that
mad, jealous, lonely, putting the world
into one face again
you're right, it's not fair
that those closest to you are the worst to you
isn't that always the case

it isn't ever as bad to hate a stranger
a tailgater, someone who bumps you
walking by
something trapped me
or i felt claustrophobic
without even knowing it

standing on my own now
standing on my own now
everything changes
i am free

No comments:

Post a Comment